Classes + Enrollment
Student Center is used to request classes for the upcoming semester during either your enrollment appointment. Student Center is used to make class edits for a given semester during an enrollment period.
New and Incoming Students - Undergraduate
- You will be able to select your classes in July before your first semester in Ithaca.
- Follow the guidelines sent by your college.
- You will meet with your advisor once you arrive on campus for the Fall the semester.
New and Incoming Students - Graduate
- You will be able to select your classes during the open enrollment period, about a week before instruction begins, in either January or August.
- Contact your advisor or program coordinator for guidance on class selection.
Continuing Students - Undergraduate and Graduate
- You will be able to pre-enroll for the Fall semester in late-April and for the Spring semester in late-November. Pre-enrollment appointments are determined by your class rank for the upcoming semester.
- Contact your advisor or program coordinator for guidance on class enrollment for the next semester.
- Each advisor approaches course enrollment differently.
- The Class Roster is the schedule of classes for a specific semester and reflects when and where classes will be taught. Use it to search for classes by department, meeting pattern, instructor, etc.
- The Class Roster Scheduler is a semester visualization and planning tool. You are able to save your planned enrollment and share your desired schedule with your advisor or program coordinator.
- The Courses of Study contains the catalog of course descriptions for the academic year. Use it to browse course offerings in which you may want to enroll.
- Student Center is the most current source for class information, and in addition to Class Search it provides access to tools such as My Academics and My Planner.
- During your enrollment appointment, submit your enrollment requests through Student Center.
- Do not log in to Student Center from multiple windows, browsers, or multiple devices; doing so may terminate your browser sessions.
- Clear your browser cache, quit the browser and all windows, and clear any saved credentials before your pre-enrollment appointment. Visit IT Service's website if you need help clearing your cache.
- Complete all necessary steps to add your course requests. In "Step 3: View Results," a green check mark in the "Status" column indicates successful enrollment.
- Each pre-enrollment appointment will run for 3 days. Appointments begin at 7:30 AM for all class rankings.
- Enrollment Appointment Questions – reach out to your College or School Registrar.
- Class Enrollment Questions – reach out to the offering department coordinator.
- Common Enrollment Questions – review our Common Enrollment Questions webpage.
- Inquiry to the Curriculum and Scheduling team via email at email@example.com.