Certification of Enrollment and Degree

Cornell University is closed for the Thanksgiving Break on Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24. Responses will be delayed due to the closure.


The Office of the University Registrar is responsible for certifying student enrollment and degrees. The University Registrar maintains both past and present student records, but cannot verify future enrollment.


Cornell University utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse to offer current students verification services and the ability to print their own certifications. Any current student or former student who attended Cornell during or after spring 2009 may use this service. Students will need a valid student ID number and an active NetID and password to make a certification request online. Request certification here if you are a current student.

What Services Are Available

  • Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to a health insurer or other company that requests your proof of enrollment.
  • View specific information about your student loans.
  • View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
  • View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse.
  • View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products.

Former students who attended Cornell prior to the Spring 2009 semester in need of enrollment or degree certifications may use the National Student Clearinghouse website.  There is a small fee for each request. Any former Cornell student with a valid U.S. Social Security number may make a request online. Request certification here if you are a former student.

All information about current and former students is provided by the Office of the University Registrar. If you do not understand the certification data or believe it is incorrect, please contact the Office of the University Registrar.

By Mail or In Person

Certifications for students or former students who do not have a U.S. Social Security number or those who need paper documentation may be requested by mail. Please send certification requests to:

Office of the University Registrar
Attn: Certifications
B7 Day Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853

Visit the Office of the University Registrar in 245 Day Hall to make a request in person.