Governments and agencies may require that diplomas and transcripts be certified with an apostille. In order to obtain a New York State apostille, the following steps need to be completed by the student. Processing will take an estimated 12 weeks.
1. To request a document be processed for apostille:
Electronic documents: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Scanned copy of the document(s) (eDiplomas and eTranscripts will not be accepted, only a PDF file that can be printed)
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Current mailing address (including country)
- Phone number
- Email address
Original document(s): Mail them to the following address, with the same information as above:
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
The Office of the University Registrar will process the necessary certifications and verifications and return them to you via postal mail.
2. Once you receive the notarized document(s), you will need to obtain a Notorial Certificate from the Tompkins County Clerk. The following is needed:
a. Completed Notorial Certificate Request
b. The notarized document(s)
c. A check/money order for $3.00 (per document) made payable to Tompkins County Clerk
3. Once you receive the certified document(s), proceed to process with the New York State Department of State Apostille services.
All payments must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S. institution or bank.