Governments and agencies may require that diplomas and transcripts be certified with an apostille. In order to obtain a New York State apostille, send a signed request with the following information:
- A cover sheet requesting your documents be processed for apostille. Please include your full name, date of birth, current mailing address (including country), phone number, email address, the country requiring the apostille, and your signature.
- All documents in your possession requiring the apostille.
- A check for $3.00 (per document) made payable to Tompkins County Clerk.
- A check for $10.00 (per document) made payable to New York State Department of State.
- A self-addressed prepaid envelope addressed to your desired destination with sufficient postage. The New York Department of State will mail your document with the apostille to the desired destination.
The University Registrar's Office will notarize the document(s). If the requester or person acting on behalf of the requester is not local, the University Registrar's Office will take the documents to the County Clerk's Office for their certification and mail the certified document(s) to the New York Secretary of State for the apostille. New York State will mail the document(s) with the apostille to the desired destination. New York State will not provide postage or the envelope.
Please note the fees are per document. Payment must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S institution or bank.