Program Licensure/Certification Disclosure

In accordance with 34 CFR § 668.43(a)(5)(v), Cornell University provides the following information for programs which may lead to professional licensure or certification.

College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences offers two programs which may be used to obtain a professional license as a Landscape Architect. Both programs are accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and meet all requirements of the Council of Landscape Architecture Registration Boards (CLARB), and the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board and meet educational requirements for licensure in all states.


Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture (BSLA)

Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA)   

College of Architecture, Art, and Planning

To practice architecture in the United States, you must have a license from a US jurisdiction. The College of Architecture, Art, and Planning offers the following programs accredited through the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). These programs are accepted in all states and jurisdictions for meeting educational requirements or equivalency for licensure through the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).


                Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)

                Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)


College of Engineering

To be licensed as a Professional Engineer, all states require documentation of education or equivalent and accept a degree from an ABET accredited engineering program, in addition to passing exams and/or demonstrating sufficient work experience. The following programs are accredited by ABET and eligible for pursuit of certification or licensure in each state.


               Biological Engineering (BS)                                                          

Chemical Engineering (BS)                                                           

Civil Engineering (BS)                                                                     

Electrical and Computer Engineering (BS)                             

Environmental Engineering (BS)                                                

Materials Science and Engineering (BS)                                 

Mechanical Engineering (BS)      


College of Human Ecology

Cornell University offers the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), a program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) which meets the educational requirements for credentialing by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Nutrition and Dietetics Technician Registered (NDTR).  The majority of states have enacted laws that regulate the practice of dietetics.  State licensure and state certification are entirely separate and distinct from the registration or credentialing RDNs and NDTRs obtain from the CDR.  According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, requirements to become a licensed dietitian nutritionist in most states are generally similar to those required to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.  To be licensed as a dietitian nutritionist, all states require documentation of education or equivalent in addition to non-academic requirements such as supervised practice and satisfactory scores on credentialing exams. 


             Didactic Program in Dietetics (BS)*

*Note, beginning in 2024, candidates for the RD/RDN exam will also need a graduate degree, in any area, to sit for the exam.


College of Veterinary Medicine

One of the steps to becoming licensed to practice veterinary medicine is the completion of a DVM degree (or equivalent). Cornell University’s Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree meets the standards of the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB), an association of veterinary medicine regulatory boards whose membership includes licensing bodies in 62 jurisdictions, including all of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and nine Canadian provinces.


                Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)


Cornell Law School

The Cornell Law School is an American Bar Association Approved Law School and is accredited by the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar. All state supreme courts recognize ABA-approved law schools as meeting the legal education requirements to qualify for the bar examination; forty-six states limit eligibility for bar admission to graduates of ABA-approved schools.


Juris Doctor Degree (JD)

Doctor of the Science of Law (J.S.D.)