By enrolling in classes for the Fall 2020 semester, Cornell students understand and acknowledge the following:
- The format in which and duration for which the courses are anticipated to be offered;
- Other than when isolating because of COVID-19 infection or quarantining because of possible COVID-19 exposure or related health and safety concerns, students will be expected to participate in each course in the format in which the course is offered;
- Students may have limited or no access to certain Cornell University-maintained facilities;
- There may be disruptions or cancellations of campus services, programs, activities, or events for the Fall 2020 semester;
- Cornell may change the format or duration of courses based on factors including but not limited to health or safety concerns, the judgment of the instructor, instructor status, pedagogical needs, or student enrollment numbers; and
- Cornell may be required to shift all classes to an online or virtual format or modify the duration of the semester if Cornell or the government (at the local, state, or federal level) determines that pandemic conditions make continued in-person instruction unsafe during the Fall 2020 semester.
Finally, Cornell students understand, acknowledge, and agree that in no case will there be a tuition or fee refund. The only eligible tuition and fee refunds are those that take place in accordance with the published schedule of early withdrawal dates from the Fall 2020 semester.