Ordering a Reissued Diploma
Reissued diplomas are issued in the primary name on your student record at the time of graduation. The fee for a reissued diploma is $200.
Orders for reissued diplomas may be placed online through Student Center with you Netid and password OR by creating an account through our self-registration ordering site. New users will be asked to create an account and set a password. After you submit your order, you will receive an email confirming your request has been received and a second email when the order has been processed. You can track the status of your order by selecting My Account in the top left corner of the Ordering Site.
Please note the order status will change to "on-hold" while our staff researches your record and processes your request. Once the reissued diploma order has been placed, the status of your order will change from "on-hold" to "delivered". Delivered indicates that the order has been placed, not delivered to you.
Orders placed online require a credit card.
Ordering by mail
If you are unable to order your reissued diploma using our ordering site, please complete the Reissued Diploma Order Form. If you are unable to download the form, please send a letter with the following information:
- name while attending Cornell
- graduation date
- type of degree
- student ID number (if you don't remember your ID number, please provide your Social Security Number)
- address where you would like the diploma sent
- email address
- telephone: day and evening
- signature of the person for whom the reissued diploma is being ordered
Send your completed form or letter along with a $200 check, payable to Cornell University, to the following address. Payment must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S. institution or bank.
Office of the University Registrar
B-07 Day Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
If you have a hold that prevents the release of your diploma, we cannot process your request until the hold is cleared. If you have a NetID and password, you can check your holds by logging in to Student Center.
All diplomas are sent United States Postal Service First Class for domestic (US) mailing and postal airmail for international mailings. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Diploma with Apostille
Some foreign governments and agencies require that diplomas and transcripts be certified with an apostille. There are a number of steps in obtaining the New York State apostille. You need to mail us a request with your signature and include the following:
- a coversheet requesting your documents be processed for apostille; please include your full name, date of birth, current mailing address including country, phone number, email address, the country requiring the apostille and your signature.
- all documents in your possession requiring the apostille.
- a check for $3.00 (per document) made payable to Tompkins County Clerk
- a check for $10.00 (per document) made payable to New York State Department of State
- an envelope addressed to your desired destination with sufficient postage to get it there; the New York Department of State will mail your document with the apostille to the desired destination
The University Registrar's Office will notarize the document(s) and take them to the County Clerk's Office for apostille. New York State will mail the document(s) to the desired destination.
Please note the fees are per document. Payment must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S institution or bank.